144. When tech destroys valueMar 29, 2023
Some technologies lose businesses money and put off their customers. So why do businesses use them?
The technical term is shiny object syndrome! We waste money and make bad decisions when we forget that technology is a tool, not an end in itself,.
The role of a true Digital Leader is to discern when tech creates value and when it doesn't.
This podcast episode will help you do that.
You will learn:
- A key question to ask when considering a new technology
- A case study of when tech loses bars and restaurants money
Listen here on Apple Podcasts
Listen here on Spotify
FREE TRAINING: Demystify Digital - tech masterclass for business leaders
Join the Tech for Non-Techies membership and lead in the Digital Age.
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter and follow her on LinkedIn & Instagram.
Following us on YouTube, Facebook and TikTok will make you smarter.
(Photo by pvalery)
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events