69. What do Heads of Innovation do?
Oct 20, 2021
Working in innovation at a large company can be a great way to join the tech boom for non-techies. But what do you do when you get there?
Innovation leaders have a wide range of backgrounds. Some have deep tech expertise, and others are marketing pros. The innovation path a company has chosen determines the background of the person who'll lead it.
- There are 6 paths to innovation: private, public, incremental, breakthrough, product and process.
- Breakthrough innovation is when a company asks itself: we need to do something completely different. What is that thing? How do we do it?
- Public innovation is tied to marketing and how customers see the brand.
- Private innovation doesn't leave the company's walls until it is ready to be commercialised and often comes with patent protection (think biotech businesses).
If you want to learn more about the paths to innovation and how to apply them to business and life, get Sophia's e-book:
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
Join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Monthly coaching with Sophia Matveeva
- Live masterclasses with global experts
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Following us on Facebook and Instagram will make you smarter.