150. What all innovators can learn from the massive gaming industryMay 10, 2023
The online gaming market is HUGE. Revenue in the online games market is projected to reach US $26.1 billion in 2023. Games developers have also had to solve some of the toughest problems in tech.
And yet, the gaming sector does not receive as much attention in the press as other sectors like fintech and ad tech.
Listen to this episode to learn rare insights from the gaming industry and how they apply to innovation and digital transformation in all businesses.
You will learn from Dave Moore, Chief Innovation Officer at Growth Acceleration Partners, who spent years working at Electronic Arts, makers of the FIFA Games series, Sims and many more.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What gamification really is and why it works to engage users and drive revenues.
- Who has to be involved to make a successful team. There is plenty of opportunity for non-technical professionals to thrive here.
- How game developer teams are rewarded and why this makes them successful.
- Which hard technical problems game developers have had to solve. Super useful knowledge if your business faces them too.
To learn more about gaming, Dave Moore recommended this book:
Listen here on Apple Podcasts
Listen here on Spotify
Come to our next workshop!
You will learn:
- Design thinking methodologies
- When to pivot and when to persevere
- Exercises to apply design thinking to career and venture growth
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events