48. How to make a prototype for your product: The Sprint MethodMay 26, 2021
Making a prototype is a key step in your journey in bringing your tech idea to life. Begin with UX research, which we covered in last week’s episode.
With your research done, it’s time to move on to making a “fake product," which you will test with real users to see if there is enough demand to invest in creating the real thing.
To do this, Sophia takes you through the Sprint method developed by Google Ventures. Using this method, you can have a tested prototype in just 5 days.
Learning notes from this episode:
- The aim of a prototype is test the key assumptions you are making about users and their behaviour.
- Even the greatest prototype is usually very far from a plan that could be given to developers to code. For example, an app prototype from a sprint usually does not contain screens like the setting screen, where you can manage your account, or designs to reset a forgotten password.
- Book 5 people to test your prototype. Research shows that 85% of the problems in your product can be discovered by the first 4 people. You always want to book a 5th, in case one person cancels.
- Your first prototype will need to be adjusted and tested again. This is normal, so make space for it in your budget.
To get the learning notes and resources Sophia mentions in the podcast, enter your email here.
To sign up to The 4 Biggest Mistakes Non-Technical Founders Make & How To Avoid Them register here.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To go deeper, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events