How To Hire Product Teams: A Guide For Non-Technical FoundersFeb 22, 2021
In this episode, Sophia Matveeva covers how to hire product teams to make your tech idea come to life. As a non-technical founder, you will not be able to supervise developers directly, but it doesn't mean you need to rely on a CTO co-founder either.
If you have an idea for a tech based business and want to know how to hire the right people to build it, this episode is for you.
Learning notes from this episode:
- Work with designers first: your first hire should be a user experience designer, not a developer.
- You don't need a CTO co-founder, but you do need a technical lead or advisor.
- Work with a product studio, rather than freelance developers or a development shop at the start.
If you want to delve deeper, then check out the ebook: How to Hire Your Product Team & Go From Idea To App: Guide For Non-Technical Founders.
In the e-book you will get:
- A list of product studios recommended by non-technical founders including a firm I’ve worked with
- A guide on how to set your budget for prototypes, minimum viable product and market testing
- What to do if you don’t have a technical co-founder
- What to look for when hiring a user experience designer
- Difference between development shops, product studios and in-house development teams
- Examples of successful non-technical founders
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To watch the full session on video and access learning notes, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events