Break Into Tech: three examples of successful career transitions
Nov 10, 2021
The number of technology oriented jobs is predicted to rise to 190 million in 2025, according to Microsoft. But, if you're a non-techie, how do you get in on that?
In this episode, you'll hear how three people transitioned into successful careers and tech, and learn how to apply their tactics to your career transformation.
Learning notes from this episode:
- To succeed in tech as a non-techie, you need to learn core technology concepts and understand how they translate to business outcomes and user needs. You do not need to retrain as a coder.
- There are more ways to be part of the tech boom than you think. For example, if you're a marketing expert, you could run a marketing company, which only serves tech clients.
- Transitions into tech often have an interim step, like volunteering for a start-up or helping a product team do user feedback. You can use this interim step to build your network, learn about new opportunities and add a tech position to your LinkedIn profile.
- Listen to learn how Oksana Stowe transitioned into venture capital; how Juliet Eysenck used her journalism experience to get into product management; how Vikas Singh used his obsession with running to launch apps as a non-technical founder, and how Ronan Walsh combines marketing nous and tech knowledge to serve his SaaS clients.
If you want to take your career transition into tech from aspiration to reality, apply for Sophia's How To Break Into A Career In Tech program.
We will screen applications and if we believe our program can help you, you will get a link to a free consultation call with Sophia.
Listen here on Spotify.
Join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Monthly coaching with Sophia Matveeva
- Live masterclasses with global experts
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Following us on Facebook and Instagram will make you smarter.