How smart start-ups and corporates hire product teams
Oct 13, 2021
What’s technology for? Tech products can make our lives better and make businesses a lot of money. But, without a focus on the user and on the business, technology is an academic project at best, or just an expensive hobby.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Elisabeth Bohlmann, VP of strategy at December Labs, a product and development studio that works with corporates like Google, and start-ups to validate ideas and build products.
Learning notes from this episode:
- If you don't have a technical background, learning from other people who are succeeding in tech but aren't techies, is often the best way to learn. They can anticipate your questions and mistakes much better than someone who has been coding since they were 8.
- Before hiring developers, always validate your ideas and create a prototype with designers. Design thinking is central to tech.
- Whether you're working in a start-up or a corporate, think about business needs first and then find out how technology can meet them.
Say hi to Elisabeth Bohlmann here.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
Join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Monthly coaching with Sophia Matveeva
- Live masterclasses with global experts
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Following us on Facebook and Instagram will make you smarter.