166. Introduction to cookies, tracking & online privacyAug 30, 2023
Is online tracking invasive? Or do cookies make our experience of the internet better?
To answer this question, you need to understand how online tracking works and who makes money from it.
In this episode, you'll learn from Keith Petri, CEO & Founder of Lockr, which helps consumers manage their data online.
You will learn:
- What tracking cookies are
- The difference between first party, third party and zero party data
- Why you have so much more spam in your inbox today (and why it will get worse)
- Whether recent privacy regulation like GDPR really changed anything for consumers & businesses
- How Apple is using privacy issues to make money and change its business model
Listen here on Apple
Listen here on Spotify
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events