62. How I used accelerators to build a tech businessSep 01, 2021
Andi Govindia has gone through three accelerators on her start-up journey. This helped her build a business model, find co-founders and get her first major clients.
Andi leads Riviter, a visual search company that uses AI to predict fashion and beauty trends, and counts L'Oreal amongst its clients.
If you’re interested in entrepreneurship and how non-technical founders can succeed in tech, this one is for you.
Learning notes from this episode:
- Use Effectual Logic: ask yourself what the simplest and laziest way is for you to solve a problem. The simplest way is often imperfect, but results matter more than perfection.
- If you are applying for accelerators, link their speciality to your current needs. Andi participated in Chicago Booth's New Venture Challenge, Plug & Play and Founders Factory. Each accelerator has different strengths, and Andi used them for different purposes.
- Andi collaborated with her co-founders for a year before they made their agreement official. It is important to really get to know the people you are going to have a long term business partnership with.
If you want to learn the system Sophia used to raise $1 million for her tech venture as a non-technical founder, join the Fundraising For Non-Technical Founders Workshop on 19 September.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To watch the full session on video and access learning notes, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events