160. Data Science for business leaders with Prof JeAnna AbbottJul 19, 2023
It's impossible to have a successful business career in the Digital Age without being data literate, says Prof JeAnna Abbott. This does not mean that you have to learn to code, but you do have to understand how to work with a data scientist and include analytics in your organisation.
In this episode, you will hear from JeAnna Abbott, Professor of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Analytics at Texas A&M Mays College of Business. JeAnna began her career as a Law professor at the University of Houston, where she still teaches. She transitioned career into the digital space, after completing an advanced degree on data science and analytics.
This makes JeAnna one of the world's most educated experts on how AI can and should be regulated. JeAnna holds degrees from the University of Houston, Texas A&M University, University of Chicago, Wharton, and Harvard University.
In this episode you will learn:
- What data science is
- How a baseball team used data science to grow revenues
- What synthetic data is and why some people love it, while others hate it
- How this professor uses ChatGPT and her advice for MBAs
- What skills business leaders need in the digital age
- The discussion about how AI is used in healthcare today, with Dr Marilyn Sandor (guest on episode 146: From Dentist to Tech Founder)
Professor Abbott is an executive coaching client at Tech for Non-Techies.
To join the Digital Leadership Executive Coaching program, apply here.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts
Listen here on Spotify
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
(Image courtesy of Professor JeAnna Abbott)
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events