142. From dentist to tech founderMar 15, 2023
Dr Marilyn Sandor is the founder of GoodCheckUp, a telehealth app that gives you dental care whenever, wherever. But her success story came out of a crisis: when Covid struck, she had to shut down her dental clinic, thus losing her income and leaving her patients in the lurch.
Not one to sit still, Dr Sandor created a telehealth app to treat her patients remotely. Her patients loved it, and today GoodCheckUp helps dentists around the US treat patients and generate incomes.
Dr Sandor had to learn to speak tech, so she could be an effective leader and collaborate with her tech team. But, she spends most of her time thinking about the user, not the technology. This is why people want to use her product.
This is a great episode for:
- corporate innovators
- product managers
- tech investors
If you’re inspired by Dr Sandor’s success and want to build a tech venture as a non-technical founder, you need the Tech for Non-Technical Founders course in our membership.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts
Listen here on Spotify
If you like learning about how tech products and profits get made, you'll like our newsletter.
It's funny too. Sign up here.
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
If you want to have a great career in the Digital Age, then APPLY FOR A CONSULTATION CALL.
What happens when you apply for a consultation call:
- Sophia and her team will look through your application. If they genuinely think Sophia could help you, you will get a link to her calendar..
- You will have a 20 – 30 minute call to discuss your goals and see if you are a good fit for each other.
- If we establish that Tech for Non-Techies courses + coaching could help you and believe we would enjoy working together, we will discuss a relevant approach to suit you.
- The aim of the call is not to sell you on anything that is not right for you. We both win if you get results, but we both lose if you don’t.
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events