91. How to launch a platform when you've got no usersMar 23, 2022
How do you launch a dating app, if you have no men and no women on it? Or, how do you launch a market place with niether buyers nor sellers?
This is the chicken and egg problem that all platforms have to solve to succeed.
In this week's episode, you'll learn 6 methods for how to launch a platform when you have no users. Some are sneaky, some are fun and all are very clever.
Sophia's favourite book on how to build & grow platforms is Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy - And How to Make Them Work for You.
1. Pipeline to Platform conversion, e.g. Amazon to Amazon marketplace
2. Using a company that has the user base you want, e.g. Airbnb & Craigslist
3. Seeding content, e.g. dating apps & Quora
4. Bringing influencers to your platform for an incentive, e.g. Joe Rogan
5. Producer Evangelism: e.g. Kickstarter, Indigogo, Partyslate
Listen to Sophia's interview with Partyslate CEO & Co-Founder Julie Novack, where she talks about how she used this method to grow her tech venture: How I built a party platform
6. Micromarket strategy, e.g. Facebook
To attend Tech for Non-Technical Founders in London on May 10 2022 in London, book your ticket here and use PODCAST to get £5 off the price.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
There are 2 ways to apply this work to your unique challenges:
- If your company is going through digital transformation and you want your non-techie teams to be active participants
- If you want to grow revenue via innovation
Then get in touch with us about bespoke training & consulting on [email protected]
For individuals, if you want any of the following results:
- Build tech ventures as non-technical innovators
- Become smart tech investors as VCs or angels
- Succeed in a company going through digital transformation
- Transition career from a tired old business to a fast-growing tech company
Then Tech For Non-Techies membership is for you.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events