51. The career secret all tech innovators knowJun 16, 2021
Most start-ups fail, but founders and investors can still use this for career success. Learning how tech products get made and how the companies behind them make money, open so many doors to interesting and lucrative opportunities. In fact, many product managers and venture capitalists have transitioned into these jobs via start-ups.
Learning notes from this episode:
- Almost every company is now a tech company, so knowing how tech products get built and how they make money is THE most useful transferable skill in today’s economy
- If you’re thinking of launching a venture, you do need to be aware that it might not work out. But, ask yourself what could I do if the venture failed? Would that be better or worse than what I was doing before? I most cases, the answer is yes.
- Learning these skills does not mean getting an MBA or investing thousands as an inexperienced angel investor.
You can learn by listening to this podcast, reading books about the industry, and most importantly, starting to build something simple yourself without any code.
You can learn about community management by building a Facebook group. You can learn about design thinking by doing user interviews. You can learn the basic language of tech literally from this podcast and go to meet-ups with product managers and developers, and see what people are working on.
If you’re working on a tech venture, want to invest in one or just want to get inspired, then come to Sophia’s Non-Technical Founder office hours on Clubhouse every Thursday at 12 pm EST / 5 pm BST.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To go deeper, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events