170. Advisory Boards: why join them & why have themSep 27, 2023
If you want to run a start-up, get to the top of a corporate, get headhunted for board roles or become a Smart Money investor, joining an advisory board is a smart move.
But, for advisors, boards can can also become a time drain and a risk to your reputation.
For founders, advisory boards can be a source of deals, funding and support, or a costly distraction.
Listen to this episode to learn why joining a start-up advisory board can be one of the smartest career moves you could ever make, and avoid the "dumb advisor" trap.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Advisor compensation: what to expect
- How to use a start-up advisory board position for your career goals
- How to be a great advisor to a start-up
- How smart founders pick advisors and work with them
You will learn from Andi Govindia, CEO & Co-Founder of Riviter, and Sophia Matveeva, who sits on Riviter's advisory board.
Andi previously appeared on this podcast in episode 62. How I used accelerators to build a tech business
Get the FREE course - 5 Tech Concepts Every Business Leader Needs To Know
Listen here on Apple
Listen here on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events