81. Technology is just another business tool. Don’t put it on a pedestal.Jan 12, 2022
It’s easy to put the tech sector on a pedestal, as we’re constantly bombarded with its power and profits. But “technology is just a tool to affect business outcomes,” says prop tech entrepreneur Sebastian Rivas.
Sebastian runs Andes STR, a which uses machine learning algorithms to find property investments for short term rentals. If you want to invest in a property and rent it out on Airbnb, Andes STR will find the investment and manage the rental.
Sebastian started his career in finance, and created a smart plan to break into tech. Listen to this episode to learn how he did it.
Learning notes from this episode:
- Technology is a tool used in business to improve efficiency, user experience and productivity, but it is not an end in itself.
- Being tech savvy and understanding how technology influences business outcomes is a must have in today’s working environment, almost no matter where you work. Even your coffee shop has an app!
- “The biggest difference between entrepreneurship and tech entrepreneurship is that in a tech company the speed at which you’re disrupting, innovating, and developing products is significantly higher,” says Sebastian.
To learn the core concepts you need to succeed in tech as a non-techie, sign up for:
FREE TRAINING: How To Speak Tech For Leaders
Live training and Q&A on 26 & 27 January. Places are limited.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Monthly coaching with Sophia Matveeva
- Live masterclasses with global experts
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events