101. How companies really use AIJun 01, 2022
AI is a great tool to help you make decisions, but it's often not sophisticated enough to make good decisions by itself. This is why companies often rely on AI to do most of the task, but leave the final decision to humans.
- Most tech initiatives fit into one of these three buckets:
- Reach scale
- Increase efficiency
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Fashion retailer Stitch Fix uses a stylist algorithm to select outfits to send to customers, but the final selection is made by human stylists.
- The Netflix content team uses an algorithm to get suggestions on how much to pay for new shows, but ultimately the final decision rests with them (and isn't always the what the AI suggests).
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
If you like learning about how tech products and profits get made, you'll like our newsletter.
It's funny too. Sign up here.
There are 2 ways to apply this work to your goals:
For individuals, APPLY FOR A CONSULTATION CALL for Tech For Non-Techies membership.
For companies: If you want to increase productivity, innovation and diversity, then your non-technical teams need to learn how to collaborate with the techies.
BOOK A CALL to discuss bespoke training & consulting.
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
(Image courtesy of Stitch Fix)
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events