44. The new fashion for designer CEOsApr 28, 2021
The hemlines for skirts are not the only thing to be dictated by fashion. So is the experience of tech executives.
The fashion for developers turned CEOs like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg is giving way to designers at the helm. The founders of Airbnb and Snap were designers not developers.
Good design is always focused on the user. The human not the code is what matters.
This is an opportunity for non-techies to shine in tech, as founders, innovators and investors.
Learning notes from this episode:
- The new breed of tech successes today value people who have a strong understanding of the user, not only engineering.
- Many of the technologies underlying the products we use today are not as frontier as they used to be. This means that products compete on their usability, not just on functionality.
- Learn to think like a designer researching an idea. Study people. Understand what they want. Once you do that, then you can think of products to build and find people to help you build them.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To go deeper, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events