49. AI, visual search & entrepreneurship with Jenny Griffiths MBEJun 02, 2021
“The biggest lie told in tech is that you that you need to be a coder. I think that being able to understand the user experience behind tech, being able to articulate technology, and being able to get other people excited about it, is what you really need to run a good company,” says Jenny Griffiths MBE, founder of Snap Vision.
Jenny is the founder and CEO of Snap Vision, a visual search company that works with the biggest names in fashion and publishing.
She has been featured on the World's Top 50 Women in Tech by Forbes lists. She was appointed MBE for Services to Innovation in 2015, and in 2019 was awarded the Royal Academy of Engineering's Silver Medal for contributions to UK engineering.
Learning notes from this episode:
- The grass is always greener on the other side. Investors tell technical founders that they’re missing business skills, and non-technical founders that they need tech skills.
- Snap Vision began as a consumer product, and while the Snap Vision app remains active, the company’s main business is B2B. Entrepreneurs often start consumer products, but pivot to servicing businesses, because digital marketing costs are so high.
- Jenny took a course in management from London Business School, to help her grow as a leader. Unlike employees, entrepreneurs need to invest in their own learning, because they do not benefit from an employer’s training program.
To sign up to The 4 Biggest Mistakes Non-Technical Founders Make & How To Avoid Them register here.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To go deeper, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events