Product Management at Apple vs Amazon
Sep 15, 2021
Product managers combine user perspectives, business needs and technology capabilities in one job. But, what they do day to day varies widely. In this episode, you’ll hear how what PMs do differs between Apple and Amazon from Souvik Bhattacharya, who has worked at both.
This episode is for product managers, founders, investors and those who want to understand tech companies from the inside.
Learning notes from this episode:
- Founders play the product management role in their start-ups, and venture capital funds often employ former PMs as investors.
- What Product Managers do day to day depends on the life cycle of the product. For example, in the launch phase the PM role also includes product marketing.
- Software vs. Hardware Product Management is incredibly different. Hardware products, like those at Apple, take years to develop and incremental updates are typically not an easy option Software Product Management is much faster as changes can be made virtually and to certain groups of customers for A/B testing versus all at once as with hardware.
- Engineers often work on problems set by the product manager.
Get in touch with Souvik here.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To watch the full session on video and access learning notes, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Following us on Facebook and Instagram will make you smarter.