36. How To Validate Your ProductMar 03, 2021
It's so tempting to dive into making a product the moment you have an idea. But, this is a sure way to lose time and money.
Before speaking to developers or designers, take a deep dive into the users and the problem you are aiming to solve. This is an ideal opportunity for non-techies to shine: user research and idea validation.
Listen to this episode to learn from Ronan Walsh, founder of Digital Trawler, a digital marketing agency, about how he helps his SaaS clients create better products.
Learning notes from this episode:
- A product is a solution to a people problem. Before even contacting a product team, take time to investigate the people and the problem.
- Marketers and designers go through a very similar process to validate the user problem at the start. This is because both are very user focussed.
- User research is done in two ways: quantitative and qualitative. For qualitative research be careful not to use steering questions to feed answers to the research participants. Ronan recommends reading The Mom Test to learn how to survey users.
Check out Digital Trawler here.
To join Sophia's FREE masterclass on mid March 2021 on Break Into Tech: Masterclass for Non-Technical Founders, register here.
Listen here on Apple Podcasts.
Listen here on Spotify.
Do you have a brilliant app idea and no tech knowledge to build it? Get your FREE guide here.
To watch the full session on video and access learning notes, join the Tech for Non-Techies membership community. As a community member, you'll get:
- Weekly live masterclasses with global experts
- Mini-course on how to go from idea to live app
- Supportive Online Community
- Library of masterclasses
- Monthly live coaching with Sophia Matveeva, tech entrepreneur & Chicago Booth MBA
- Exclusive Resources & Perks
Learn more and sign up at https://www.techfornontechies.co/membership
Say hi to Sophia on Twitter.
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events