132. How to choose online courses & learn from themJan 04, 2023
At this time of year, many ambitious professionals sign up to education programmes to take their career to the next level. Here's a guide on how to choose the right course for you and make the most of it once you've signed up.
How to choose the right online course for you:
- Familiarise yourself with the instructor’s work and point of view
- Invest your time and energy before you invest your money. If the instructor has a podcast, listen to it. If they have written articles, read them.
- See who the instructor’s community of students is and see if they inspire you.
- Be aware of the pricing: if it seems too good to be true, it often is.
- Take courses that have case studies because we learn best from stories.
To get the most out of a course:
- Set aside a regular time in your week as your class time, as if you were going to a real university lecture.
- When you are taking the course, regularly ask yourself: what insight did I get from this?
- By doing this, you take responsibility for your own learning and results.
- Do what the instructor tells you to do. You paid for their expertise, so use it!
Listen here on Apple Podcasts
Listen here on Spotify
If you like learning about how tech products and profits get made, you'll like our newsletter.
It's funny too. Sign up here.
Tech for Non-Techies clients
- Reach senior leadership positions in Big Tech firms
- Lead digital transformation in established businesses
- Create tech businesses as non-technical founders
- Pivot into careers in venture capital
If you want to have a great career in the Digital Age, then APPLY FOR A CONSULTATION CALL.
What happens when you apply for a consultation call:
- Sophia and her team will look through your application. If they genuinely think Sophia could help you, you will get a link to her calendar..
- You will have a 20 – 30 minute call to discuss your goals and see if you are a good fit for each other.
- If we establish that Tech for Non-Techies courses + coaching could help you and believe we would enjoy working together, we will discuss a relevant approach to suit you.
- The aim of the call is not to sell you on anything that is not right for you. We both win if you get results, but we both lose if you don’t.
We love hearing from our readers and listeners. So if you have questions about the content or working with us, just get in touch on [email protected]
(Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash)
Sign up to our mailing list!
Be the first to hear about offers, classes and events